Welcome to A Time to Dance, a dance school in Monument serving Colorado Springs, Castle Rock and South Denver dancers. Thank you for considering our school.
While excellence in technical training is an essential part of our vision, we first look at each student who enters our facility as a child of God. This allows us to make our first priority nurturing each student toward their God-given talents, helping them to see the gift and responsibility of those talents and showing them how they can enrich the lives of others. Next we empower them with the tools and confidence necessary to reach those goals and then we sincerely celebrate each individual’s path.
We continually look for ways to achieve our high standards of training as we see the world of dance and its pedagogy (the science of teaching) as one that is steeped in history, yet is constantly growing and evolving
To develop the whole dancer we:
- Prioritize our student’s safety and health
- Utilize a well structured curriculum created from extensive research of world renowned syllabi overlaid with the most current dance science principles
- Ensure a class size that allows each student to receive tactile and individual corrections in every class
- Provide a faculty of mentors with extensive backgrounds that is committed to furthering its knowledge and working as a team to discuss how to invigorate the training process as well as the individual student
- Promote a welcoming family-centered environment where great care is taken in supporting the students through honest feedback and thoughtful communication in a mutual relationship of respect and appreciation while instilling the importance of detail, and the process and reaching towards one’s full potential.
- Provide multiple performance opportunities where students showcase their class work, as well as share the joy of being part of a dramatic production while gaining stage and theatrical experience
Because we see each student as an individual, we are sensitive to their needs as young people who aspire to future goals and ideas of how to make their way in life. We assist them in looking at their place in the world of dance realistically, while continuing to show them their value during the journey. Individuals whose journey leads to careers outside of the dance field utilize the immeasurable attributes from having studied dance.